Dallas Cowboys Week 3 Observations
- It was GREAT to see DeMarco Murray have such a huge game. If only we could play the Rams every week…
- The Offensive Line had their best performance in recent memory. Granted the Rams played back and dared the Cowboys to beat them with the run – but still. An excellent performance by the Offensive Line. Kudos.
Dez Bryant instills so much fear in defenses, he deserves just as much credit as DeMarco Murray for that great rushing day.
- Speaking of credit, These Dallas WRs are all willing and able downfield blockers. That’s a rare quality in a position synonymous for ego and selfishness. They are all the Right Kinds of Guys.
- Is it me or does DeMarco Murray actually look uncomfortable when he breaks free and gets in the open field? It seems, even thinking back to his rookie year, when he breaks free he gets nervous and tries to get tackled. I’m not trying to be funny either. It seems at some point he thinks to himself, “Well, this seems about far enough” and then hits a sideline or conveniently falls into a defender.
- Bruce Carter and Sean Lee are beginning to get the zone coverage worked out. When St. Louis scored their lone TD, Sean Lee was in man coverage and Bruce Carter was occupying the zone opposite Lee. It took a perfect pass by Sam Bradford to split the two LBs. 9 out of 10 times that pass will be intercepted with coverage this tight.
- Miles Austin is a lot like my Uncle Sal. He’s great on special occasions but he’s pretty worthless most of the year.
- JJ Wilcox looks like he may be the Safety this team has been searching for.
- Hey, remember when we thought Matt Johnson was going to be a star in 2013?
- This Defensive Line isn’t as bad we thought they’d be. They have yet to play a good offensive line but they deserve credit for how they’ve handled themselves so far. If Ratliff ever returns he could help form a very solid rotation.
- It’s easy to call running plays when you’re gaining 8 yards per carry (YPC), but will Bill Callahan still call the run when he’s averaging 3 YPC? We’ll have to keep watching to find out.
- This was a big win for Big D. They just need to carry this momentum and execution into next week. The Cowboys biggest struggle has been stringing good wins together.
Do you have questions or comments regarding Dallas area sports? Email Reid at [email protected]. You may be included in the next weekly mailbag. Follow Reid on twitter @ReidDHanson