First, thank you RHCP for giving me the title, but man was it ever close. If not for something we usually don’t see, a Tony Romo drive at the end of the game when tied or behind, this game may have ended in the usual heartache we have come accustomed to. I don’t know if you saw the stat line, but Tony Romo is amazing in the 4th Quarter…unless of course he is tied or behind by 7. Then he’s only good for a 52.9 rating.
This game was full of fights, penalties and frustration. Do we expect anything less from these two teams? While it is time to bask in the win, there are still somethings this team needs to fix moving forward. Before we get to that here are some things they did well:
2. They had pretty good 3rd down defense. I was impressed with the unit as a whole without Lee. Good to see some man to man on the corners
3. Smart clock management. This is something Jason Garrett has been slammed for, today he gets kudos.
5. They won. Hey, when this team has a short week and the chance to win two in a row, this is a good thing.
Now, let’s look at some of the things they have to do to get better:
1. Catch the ball. Maybe it was the cold, but the WRs need to hang on and make the catch.
2. Where exactly is the pass rush? Are we even blitzing?
3. Stop the run. We are talking some mediocre running backs on the Giants, and they gashed us.
5. Touch a guy when he goes down with the ball…Sheesh.
Overall, a win is a win no matter how ugly. I do think the fact it was in the Meadowlands, windy, cold, and against a rival there are a few passes to be given. All of that being said, this team needs to step it up a little. Thank you Dan Bailey for hitting that FG at the end. On to the Raiders. I will have an article up Wednesday previewing it. Also, I will be on the Raidersfinehour.com Podcast talking Dallas Cowboys and the NFL. Oh! So for the song after this game I think Hooters – And We Danced. Because I was dancing after Dan Bailey won it.