With the offseason underway, it is draft/free agency season. In this segment, “Scouting Report”, I will be posting scouting reports of who I believe the Cowboys should covet in the 2014 NFL Draft. Stay tuned daily, as I will be writing a few per day.
Ra’Shede Hageman shined in his senior year at Minnesota. He was a first team all-Big Ten, and a third team All-American. He received the Bronco Nagurski Award, an award given to Minnesota’s most valuable player.
– 6-6, 312 pounds
– 36 inch vertical
– Bench presses 465 pounds
– A converted basketball player, who is a freak athlete.
– Was on Bruce Feldman’s Freaks list
– Was asked to play basketball for Tubby Smith, declined to play football
– Extremely versatile
– Plays with good pad level
– Has an amazing burst off the ball
– Very disruptive
– Can play DT or DE
– Can miss tackles
– Has some off the field issues
– He needs to bulk up to be a defensive tackle
– Questionable work ethic
With Jason Hatcher set to hit free agency, the Dallas Cowboys will be in the market for a DT. With little salary cap space, the Cowboys should look towards the draft for a defensive tackle. A guy on their radar should be Hagemen. Hagemen is a guy who could rise up draft boards due to his athletic ability. He is just a freak. The Cowboys could draft him with their first round pick.
Scout Grade: 88/100
Follow me on Twitter for more 2014 NFL Draft/Free Agency Coverage: @ryanrattyDFW