With the offseason underway, it is draft/free agency season. In this segment, “Scouting Report”, I will be posting scouting reports of who I believe the Cowboys should covet in the 2014 NFL Draft. Stay tuned daily, as I will be writing a few per day.
Daniel McCullers is one of the biggest guys in college football, if not the biggest. He has mammoth size. Despite his size, he is in shape and is a high-motor player.
– 6-8, 351 pounds
– 4.98 40-yard dash
– Had 5 tackles for loss in 2013
– Projected 3rd or 4th rounder
– Obviously his size
– High motor
– Deceivingly fast
– Plays with good pad level
– Can take on double teams
– Blows up holes off the ball
– Still a raw talent
– His height may not help him in getting after the run
– Needs to use his hands better
– Can’t rely on his weight in the NFL
– Not good at getting after the quarterback
Going in the direction of a space-eater, McCullers is an intriguing prospect because he can take one two linemen at once. He would fit in well at the three technique position in Dallas’ 4-3 defense. McCullers will be rising up draft boards everywhere if he puts in a good combine performance.
Scout Grade: 82/100
Follow me on Twitter for more 2014 NFL Draft/Free Agency Coverage: @ryanrattyDFW