With the offseason underway, it is draft/free agency season. In this segment, “Scouting Report”, I will be posting scouting reports of who I believe the Cowboys should covet in the 2014 NFL Draft. Stay tuned daily, as I will be writing a few per day.
Ahmad Dixon led a Baylor defense to a BCS Bowl. Although they got smoked by UCF, Dixon had an excellent senior season for the Bears. Perhaps the best strong safety in this draft, Clinton-Dix & Pryor are better fit to be free safeties at the next level.
- 6-0, 205 pounds
- 4.45 40-yard dash
- Associated Press All-Big 12 Second Team
- All-Big 12 First Team (Coaches)
- Great ball skills
- Good cover man
- Decent tackler
- Extremely confident
- Moves around the field fluidly
- Not afraid to make the big hit
- Needs to keep his head up when tackling
- Commits to much in run support
- Was arrested with a misdemeanor in September
If the Cowboys want to wait until day two or day three of the NFL Draft to draft a safety, Ahmad Dixon could be a player on their radar. He is an extremely good coverage guy for a safety. He will need to work on his ability against the run at the next level.
Scout Grade: 84/100
Follow me on Twitter for more 2014 NFL Draft/Free Agency coverage: @ryanrattyDFW