I have been covering the Dallas Cowboys for quite some time now. I get questions from my readers on a regular basis. I decided to do something a little different this time. I want to get some input from the fans, so I have included 10 questions for Dallas Cowboys’ fans. Feel free to post answers in the comment section below or email me your answers at [email protected] and I will include your input in a series of future articles. Please include your name and location when responding. Feel free to only answer as many as you choose.
1. What do you feel is the biggest position of need for the Dallas Cowboys in the 2013 NFL draft?
2. Do you really feel that Jason Garrett is the best option at head coach for the Dallas Cowboys when there are so many proven veterans currently available?
3. Do you think that Jerry Jones will consider bringing in Norv Turner to run the offense so that Jason Garrett can be a walk around coach?
4. Over the last couple of years, Tony Romo has sustained a broken collar bone and now for the second time, broken ribs:
Do you think he really wants to resign with the Dallas Cowboys who have failed so miserably at protecting him?
5. Morris Claiborne has allowed a catch on over 60% of his targets and ranks 14th among rookies and 7th among rookie CB’s with only 1 interception:
Do you really think Morris Claiborne was worth a 1st and 2nd round pick when he was out played by late round picks?
6. Jerry said there will be a 30% turn over in Dallas this offseason. Out of Miles Austin, Doug Free and Jay Ratliff: do you think any or all of them will be cut?
7. In the 1st meeting against the Redskins, Dallas Cowboys QB Romo threw for over 400 yards with Dez Bryant, Cole Beasley and Dwayne Harris on the field. In the 2nd meeting, with Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Dwayne Harris and Kevin Ogletree, he had one of his worst games of the season. Harris had 1 catch, Dez had 4 catches, Austin had zero catches and Ogletree had 2 catches. Gosh, Cole Beasley had 7 catches (as many as all of them combined) in a lesser role in the 1st meeting. It’s obvious that Cole Beasley was the mismatch they needed against the Redskins 25th ranked pass defense. The smart teams attacked them underneath.
Why do you think Dallas Cowboys HC Jason Garrett is either too blind or too stubborn to let the best players play?
8. The running game has been on a rapid decline ever since Jason Garrett took over as the Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator. They finished the season 31st in the NFL for the 2012 season. The last time the Cowboys were 31st in rushing was when they went 1-15.
Do you really think Jason Garrett is the right guy to be running this offense?
9. Why do you think the Dallas Cowboys would waste the ink to sign a QB like Nick Stephens, Who only completed 56.4% of his passes and had a 10-15 record when they could have drafted the winnningest QB in NCAA history (Kellen Moore) who was 50-3 as a starter and completed 69.8% of his career passes in the 7th round of the draft?
My theory is, if you want a project QB, at least get one with some potential.
10. Considering the fact that Troy Aikman went 1-15 with a poor OL and the 31st ranked running game, and the fact that the Cowboys couldn’t win a game when Emmitt Smith held out. Tony Romo finished 3rd in the entire NFL in passing for the 2012 season. In fact, he has never had a 1,000 yard rusher (let alone the NFL leading rusher and league MVP) in his entire career in Dallas, yet has never had a season any where near 1-15. Let’s be honest, Troy Aikman couldn’t win at all without Emmitt Smith and that all pro offensive line.
Do you really think anyone can say that Tony Romo is in anyway the problem on the Dallas Cowboys offense?
If you would like to receive email notifications when my articles get published Click Here.