Dallas Cowboys Free Agent CBs
The top two names left in free agency for the Dallas Cowboys are Casey Hayward Jr. and Brian Poole.
More from Dallas Cowboys
- Dallas Cowboys Linebackers: 2023 Position Overview
- Ballhawk University: Why the Cowboys will be takeaway leaders
- Dallas Cowboys Player to Watch: Sleeper TE John Stephens, Jr.
- Dallas Cowboys: The impact of Micah Parsons and a well-rounded secondary
- Dallas Cowboys still unsure about their left guard position for 2023
Poole is the younger of the two and has played both corner and safety. He was decent for the Jets in 2020 until a knee injury shortened his season. Hayward was a little up and down for the Chargers in 2020 but provides veteran experience on the outside, however, his age is a little bit of a concern for the long-term.
No matter what the Cowboys do up to the draft, more corners are needed even for depth. As it stands right now Trevon Diggs and Anthony Brown are probably the starting outside corners with Jourdan Lewis as the slot. Looking at 2022 and beyond the corner position could become a bigger need regardless of what happens with the rest of free agency.
Should the Dallas Cowboys sign either Malik Hooker or Damontae Kazee at safety, it will help the corners more than the 2020 safeties. The Dallas Cowboys will need help in the secondary and over-the-top help should improve overall coverage. There is still time left, but the draft is coming, and as Amy Trask likes to say, you can never have too many corners.