Dec 21, 2014; Arlington, TX, USA; Dallas Cowboys free safetyJ.J. Wilcox
(27) intercepts a pass in the second quarter against the Indianapolis Colts at AT&T Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Tim Heitman-USA TODAY Sports
With Corey White’s and Byron Jones’ versatility to play safety, the Cowboys can go short here if they need to. If so, Heath is on the block since McCray rates as a better special teamer.
Both Church and Wilcox are in-the-box safeties with a little versatility to play coverage. That’s why Byron Jones and/or Corey White will see time as a single-high safety next season (more on this before training camp).
Special Teams (3)
In the end, Chaz Green, Rolando McClain, and Greg Hardy buy the Cowboys three additional roster spots the first part of the season. This will allow the Cowboys to go deep in some areas, and cover themselves in others. Jack Crawford and Tyler Clutts are my surprise cuts in this projection, but if history is any indicator (and it always is) the Cowboys will have more surprises between now and the regular season.
Who would you keep and who would you cut?
More from Sports Dallas Fort-Worth
- West coast, Texas coast, burnt toast: Cowboys don’t need more runs
- Brandin Cooks will change the way defenses play the Dallas Cowboys
- Why the Dallas Cowboys defensive X-Factor is EDGE Sam Williams
- Dallas Cowboys: 3 head coach options if McCarthy fails in 2023
- Dallas Cowboys: Is CB Jourdan Lewis a tradeable asset?