Dallas Cowboys 7-Round Mock Draft
Round 7, Pick 232
Jamar Watson, SAM/EDGE
The last pick is usually about taking a shot. Jamar Watson doesn’t have an immediate path to the roster in Dallas based on his size and the position he plays.
Ideally, Watson would join a 3-4 team and play EDGE, but on the Dallas Cowboys I like him for SAM linebacker with opportunities to blitz off the edge.
Watson was a highly productive player for Kentucky and has athleticism that translates. He’s not big enough for edge in Dallas but he’s a football player and there’s always room for them.
Dallas Cowboys Draft Debrief
More from Cowboys Draft
- Dallas Cowboys 2019 Draft: Re-grading the picks 4 year later
- Dallas Cowboys: Re-grading the 2018 draft class (round by round)
- Re-grading the Dallas Cowboys 2016 draft, seven years later
- Dallas Cowboys 2023 UDFA profiles – Who are these guys?
- Dallas Cowboys 2023 draft grades: The science of the grades, pick by pick
- Dallas traded back 5 spots and sent Michael Gallup to NE for their top-2 picks and Stephon Gilmore.
- Dallas picked Christian Barmore with their top pick to address the middle of their defensive line then going with Carlos Basham at man the edge. Both add pressure and run stopping ability.
- We got crazy with the NE pick and drafted Tutu, the fastest man in the draft to play WR3/4 with Cedrick Wilson
- We added a high potential OT to develop behind Tyron and La’el as well.
- We added a perfect boundary CB in St-Juste to learn behind Diggs and Gilmore and a pair of safeties to duke it out at FS and in the slot.
- The Dallas Cowboys also picked up a 1-tech run-stopper late along with a pair of LBs to develop behind Jaylon and LVE (who I think both will be back for 1 more season).
At the end of the day we filled a lot of needs and that started trading from a position of strength to add at an area of weakness. We used our cap situation and easy to manipulate contracts to create room for an otherwise depressed market.
What do you think Dallas Cowboys fans? Which picks did you like and which did you dislike? Let us know in the comments and be sure to share your own simulations…